Patriots trade third string QB to Colts for WR Phillip Dorsett

Patriots trade third string QB to Colts for WR Phillip Dorsett

By: Chris Taylor (Kalapaki Joe’s Staff Writer)

The New England Patriots traded away their third-string quarterback Jacoby Brissett to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for wide receiver Phillip Dorsett.

ESPN was first to report the deal.

Brissett went 1-1 during his two starts for New England last year, this while Tom Brady was out due to a suspension.

Jacoby threw for 400 yards and no touchdowns or interceptions during his game with the Patriots.

Meanwhile, the Patriots obtain the services of Phillip Dorsett, this after their star wide receiver Julian Edelman suffered a season-ending torn ACL two weeks ago in preseason.

Dorsett was on the receiving end of two Andrew Luck touchdown passes with the Colts last season.

The first round pick in 2015, Dorsett, has 51 receptions thus far in his two-year NFL career.

Be sure to catch all of this seasons NFL action live at one of Kauai’s Kalapaki Joe’s locations, the Westernmost Sports Bar in the U.S.A!

Denver Broncos part ways with Pro Bowl Safety T.J. Ward

Denver Broncos part ways with Pro Bowl Safety T.J. Ward

By: Chris Taylor (Kalapaki Joe’s Staff Writer)

The Denver Broncos have released veteran safety T.J. Ward according to the NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.

Ward was set to make a non-guaranteed $4.5 million this upcoming NFL season.

The two-time Pro Bowl safety recorded three interceptions and five forced fumbles during his 41 games with the Broncos.

“This was a difficult decision to part ways with T.J. after everything he’s done for our football team,” general manager John Elway said in a statement. “He was a respected teammate whose attitude and physical mindset played a big part in our Super Bowl run. We thank T.J. for his contributions as a Bronco and wish him nothing but the best in the future.”

The 30-year-old, Ward, will likely find a new home before the start of the 2017-2018 season, as teams have already begun to express interest.

Be sure to come watch all of this seasons NFL action live at one of Kauai’s Kalapaki Joe’s locations, the Westernmost Sports Bar in the U.S.A!

Browns cut Brock Osweiler, Broncos serve him a 1-year deal

Browns cut Brock Osweiler, Broncos serve him a 1-year deal

By: Chris Taylor (Kalapaki Joe’s Staff Writer)

The Denver Broncos and Brock Osweiler are once again an item.

Just days after being cut by the Cleveland Browns, Osweiler re-signed with the that drafted him in 2012 but failed to retain his services in 2016.

Osweiler spent his latest season with the Houston Texans where he had an absolutely dismal year.

The Browns will still have to pay $16 million of Brock’s salary, meaning the Broncos are paying next to nothing for their former pivot.

Osweiler will serve as backup quarterback to starter Trevor Siemian for Denver this season.

Current Broncos general manager and former star quarterback John Elway discusses the acquisition:

“When Brock made that decision [to sign with Houston], he made the best decision that he thought was best for him,” Elway told reporters Saturday night. “It’s just kind of funny how these things worked out with our situation and Brock being available — funny how everything aligned. We know that Brock can win football games with us, he’s got a lot of experience and that was one glaring hole we had at that time in my mind when Paxton [Lynch] hurt the shoulder. We’re able to get it fixed.”

Stay tuned to KalapakiJoes.com for further updates and be sure to come watch all of the NFL action at one of Kauai’s Kalapaki Joe’s locations, the Westernmost Sports Bar in the U.S.A!

Conor McGregor had an equipment emergency moments prior to Mayweather fight

Conor McGregor had an equipment emergency moments prior to Mayweather fight

By: Chris Taylor (Kalapaki Joe’s Staff Writer)

Current UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor put on an incredible performance in his boxing debut last weekend in Las Vegas against Floyd Mayweather.

The Irish superstar was eventually stopped in the tenth round by the legendary undefeated boxer, but still McGregor’s stock did nothing but rise in defeat.

Floyd Mayweather Conor McGregor

McGregor put together a terrific opening four rounds before eventually fatiguing later in the fight.

The Mayweather vs. McGregor super fight, which is expected to have done record breaking pay-per-view numbers, was almost put on hold after “Mystic Mac” noticed he was missing two key pieces of equipment.

According to TMZ Sports, there was a mad scramble to protect both Conor’s mouth and genitals just minutes before the fight occurred.

“There was a mad scramble to protect Conor McGregor’s genitals in the minutes before the Mayweather fight … when he realized he left his protective cup at home! 

Conor had just had his hands wrapped — while still wearing his pimped out suit — when he realized he was missing his custom jockstrap/cup combo and his mouthpiece.

He immediately remembered he left ’em both at his Vegas home and sent one of his team members racing out of the T-Mobile Arena to retrieve his junk protection, ASAP. 

The good news … the guy made it back with plenty of time to spare.”

Conor McGregor is expected to return to the UFC octagon for his next combat sports appearance.

“Mystic Mac” is currently rumored to what would be a trilogy fight with Nate Diaz, potentially at UFC 219 in December.

McGregor has stated that he wants that contest to take place at 155-pounds so that he can attempt to defend his lightweight title for the first time.

However, Nate Diaz reportedly wants at least $20 million to take part in a trilogy with McGregor, so time will tell if the UFC is willing to cough up such a number to the Stockton Slugger.