Select Page
Rumor | Conor McGregor will return in November to headline UFC 205 in New York

Rumor | Conor McGregor will return in November to headline UFC 205 in New York

By: Chris Taylor (Kalapaki Joe’s Staff Writer)

According to sources close to the UFC, the promotion is targeting featherweight champion Conor McGregor to headline November’s highly anticipated UFC 205 event in New York in a lightweight showdown against current champion Eddie Alvarez for the UFC’s 155-pound title.

“Mystic Mac” is coming off a majority decision victory over Nate Diaz, which he scored in the headlining bout of UFC 202 in Las Vegas.

The brash Irish superstar has gone 8-1 in his UFC career, scoring finishes in six of those nine contests.

Meanwhile, Eddie Alvarez captured the UFC lightweight title this past July when he scored a first-round knockout victory over former title holder Rafael dos Anjos. The title capturing win marked Eddie’s third-straight octagon victory, as he had previously defeated top contenders Anthony Pettis and Gilbert Melendez respectively.

If the fight with Alvarez does comes to fruition, Conor McGregor will look to become the third two-division champion in UFC history at November’s UFC 205 event, following in the footsteps of UFC legends BJ Penn and Randy Couture.

Who do you think will emerge victorious if McGregor and Alvarez throw down in Madison Square Garden on November 12?

Stay tuned to KalapakiJoes.com for all your major UFC News!

VIDEO | Dana White says Diaz vs. McGregor 3 “makes no sense”

VIDEO | Dana White says Diaz vs. McGregor 3 “makes no sense”

By: Chris Taylor (Kalapaki Joe’s Staff Writer)

https://youtu.be/Idix_NYCtmM

UFC President Dana White was a recent guest on ESPN’s Sports Center where he discussed what is next for UFC 202 headliners Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor.

“Well here is the thing. Everybody has to remember that that fight was put together because Conor McGregor’s opponent fell out (at UFC 196). So Nate Diaz stepped up and took it on short notice. Conor stepped up and took the fight. And you know it was such an exciting fight the first one that they wanted to do it again so we did it again. But they’re not in the same weight class. The fight doesn’t make sense. It’s not for any titles. It’s not for any ranking positions. It makes no sense. Conor is the 145-pound champion he needs to defend his title or give it up and decide what he wants to do next. And Nate doesn’t want to fight anybody but Conor McGregor. So I don’t know. We will see what happens with Nate. If he gets tired of sitting around maybe he will want to fight.”

Who would you like to see Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz fight next?

UFC 202 medical suspensions, Conor McGregor potentially suspended for six months

UFC 202 medical suspensions, Conor McGregor potentially suspended for six months

By: Chris Taylor (Kalapaki Joe’s Staff Writer)

UFC 202 saw a lot of exciting finishes that from the undercard all the way up to the co-main event.

The main event between Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor went five rounds in one of the most exciting fights of the year as the two superstars gave it their all.

MMA Junkie reported the Nevada State Athletic Commission’s report of the medical suspensions received from the UFC 202 event and the featherweight champion could be out to the end of the year or longer with a possible six-month term, which can be dismissed if cleared by an orthopedic doctor.

From MMA Junkie:

Conor McGregor: Needs left foot/ankle cleared by orthopedic doctor or no contest until Dec. 17; minimum suspension until Oct. 20 with no contact in training until Oct. 5.

Nate Diaz: Suspended until Sept. 20 with no contact in training until Sept. 11.

Glover Teixeira: Suspended until Nov. 19 with no contact in training until Oct. 20.

Rick Story: Suspended until Oct. 5 with no contact in training until Sept. 20.

Hyun Gyu Lim: Suspended until Oct. 5 with no contact in training until Sept. 20.

Sabah Homasi: Suspended until Oct. 20 with no contact in training until Oct. 5.

Takeya Mizugaki: Suspended until Oct. 5 with no contact in training until Sept. 20.

Artem Lobov: Must have right leg and ankle X-rayed; if positive then must have orthopedic doctor clearance or no contest until Feb. 17.

Chris Avila: Suspended until Sept. 20 with no contact in training until Sept. 11.

Lorenz Larkin: Suspended until Oct. 5 with no contact in training until Sept. 20 due to left eyebrow and shin lacerations.

Neil Magny: Must have left leg X-rayed; if positive then must have orthopedic doctor clearance or no contest until Feb. 17.
Minimum suspension until Sept. 20 with no contact until Sept. 11.

Max Griffin: Suspended until Oct. 20 with no contact in training until Oct. 5.

Marvin Vettori: Suspended until Oct. 5 with no contact in training until Sept. 20 due to left eyebrow laceration.

Conor McGregor’s coach has big plans for the Irish star

Conor McGregor’s coach has big plans for the Irish star

By: Chris Taylor (Kalapaki Joe’s Staff Writer)

On the heels of Conor McGregor’s UFC 202 majority decision over Nate Diaz, many wondered what the featherweight champ’s next move would be.

Given that McGregor has remained noncommittal about returning to featherweight, despite the fact that UFC President Dana White said he would be forced to vacate the belt if he doesn’t defend it, many are wondering if McGregor could challenge Eddie Alvarez for the lightweight championship.

During a recent Twitter Q&A, SBG Ireland head coach John Kavanagh was asked who he would recommend McGregor fights next, to which he responded:

When asked if he would like to see McGregor vs. Diaz III at UFC 205, Kavanagh responded:

Who do you want to see McGregor fight next?

Stay tuned to KalapakiJoes.com for further updates.