Select Page
VIDEO | Dana White discusses the return of Nick Diaz

VIDEO | Dana White discusses the return of Nick Diaz

By: Chris Taylor (Kalapaki Joe’s Staff Writer)

https://youtu.be/jufXQ-rfuaA

Nick Diaz has not competed inside of the octagon since his unanimous decision loss to Anderson Silva at 183 which occurred in January of 2015.

That loss was eventually turned in to a no-contest, this after “The Spider” tested positive for steroids in his post-fight drug test. In addition to Silva’s failure, Nick Diaz tested positive for marijuana metabolites and was served an 18-month suspension from the NSAC.

The former Strikeforce welterweight champion’s last victory came way back at UFC 137 in October of 2011 when he scored a decision victory over our namesake BJ Penn.

According to UFC President Dana White, Nick wants to fight and is ready to go. His words:

“Nick wants to fight,” White told “The Buzzer” on FOX Sports. “Nick’s ready to go again. I’ve got to figure that out.”

Who would you like to see Nick Diaz square off with in his return to the octagon?

Sound off PENN Nation!

VIDEO | Dana White says Diaz vs. McGregor 3 “makes no sense”

VIDEO | Dana White says Diaz vs. McGregor 3 “makes no sense”

By: Chris Taylor (Kalapaki Joe’s Staff Writer)

https://youtu.be/Idix_NYCtmM

UFC President Dana White was a recent guest on ESPN’s Sports Center where he discussed what is next for UFC 202 headliners Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor.

“Well here is the thing. Everybody has to remember that that fight was put together because Conor McGregor’s opponent fell out (at UFC 196). So Nate Diaz stepped up and took it on short notice. Conor stepped up and took the fight. And you know it was such an exciting fight the first one that they wanted to do it again so we did it again. But they’re not in the same weight class. The fight doesn’t make sense. It’s not for any titles. It’s not for any ranking positions. It makes no sense. Conor is the 145-pound champion he needs to defend his title or give it up and decide what he wants to do next. And Nate doesn’t want to fight anybody but Conor McGregor. So I don’t know. We will see what happens with Nate. If he gets tired of sitting around maybe he will want to fight.”

Who would you like to see Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz fight next?

VIDEO | Dana White: “Jon Jones has got like 12 lives”

VIDEO | Dana White: “Jon Jones has got like 12 lives”

By: Chris Taylor (Kalapaki Joe’s Staff Writer)

https://youtu.be/TmW8TW4EYTg

Tuesday afternoon UFC President Dana White shocked the MMA community as he gave a major update in regards to Jon Jones’ failed drug test case with the US Anti-Doping Agency.

Jones, who was pulled from UFC 200 for a failed out-of-competition drug test, actually “did not take the drug everybody thought he took” according to Dana White. This comes several weeks after it was revealed that USADA was looking into the possibility that a supplement Jones had taken was contaminated with a banned substance not listed on the package.

Dana White spoke with ESPN about Jon Jones’ updated case with USADA and stated that Jones has got like “12 lives” and that “things are looking up for him.”

Conor McGregor is unsure if he will return to featherweight

Conor McGregor is unsure if he will return to featherweight

By: Chris Taylor (Kalapaki Joe’s Staff Writer)

Earlier this week, UFC president Dana White stated that current UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor would be returning to 145-pounds for his next fight, this after he squares off with Nate Diaz at UFC 202 next weekend.

With that said, Conor would be returning to featherweight to have a title unification bout with current interim champion Jose Aldo, who McGregor defeated via first-round KO at UFC 194 in just 13 seconds.

Aldo became the UFC’s interim featherweight title holder at last month’s UFC 200 event when he defeated former lightweight champion Frankie Edgar via unanimous decision.

McGregor was in attendance at UFC 200 and although he was “happy” to see Aldo win, he does not seem to be to fond of the idea of a rematch with the Brazilian, as he told reporters at his private UFC 202 press conference in Las Vegas:

“That was why I was there,” McGregor said. “I wanted to see if this mother f*cker (Frankie Edgar) comes through this and can do what he’s saying, well then it’s on. But Aldo ended up taking that belt again.”

He continued:

“I was scheduled to fight Aldo many times,” McGregor said. “We had like a two-year media run, the whole thing. I spent so much time with that man and he pulled out. Then we finally got into it and it took me one shot to the crown to shut his lights out. So I don’t know what he’s thinking. Right now, I’m prepared for a war and that’s that.”

Do you think Conor McGregor will actually return to featherweight as Dana White claims?

Stay tuned to KalapakiJoes.com for all your major UFC News!