Select Page
Nate Diaz vs. Dustin Poirier scratched from UFC 230

Nate Diaz vs. Dustin Poirier scratched from UFC 230

It appears that former UFC lightweight title challenger Nate Diaz will not be competing under the bright lights of Madison Square Garden at UFC 230.

“The Stockton Slugger” was expected to face surging lightweight contender Dustin Poirier at the November 3 event in New York, but “The Diamond” was unfortunately forced out with an injury.

Many fight fans were hoping that former two division UFC champion Conor McGregor would step up to fight Nate Diaz on short-notice for a third time at the event.

However, those hopes were quickly crushed when the Irishman’s longtime coach John Kavanagh tweeted the following reminder of McGregor’s UFC medical suspension.

https://twitter.com/John_Kavanagh/status/1049855458784235521

“Medical suspension folks. But Tony v nate??” – John Kavanagh

Sadly, Tony Ferguson vs. Nate Diaz won’t be happening at UFC 230 either.

UFC President Dana White told the LA Times Lance Pugmire that Nate Diaz is “definitely off UFC 230”.

With that said, UFC 230 has now lost two big fights in less than twelve hours.

In addition to the loss of Nate Diaz vs. Dustin Poirier, the November 3 fight card also lost it’s UFC women’s flyweight title fight between Valentina Shevchenko and Sijara Eubanks.

The one bright note of the day was that a heavyweight title fight between Derrick Lewis and Daniel Cormier had been booked to headline next month’s UFC 230 event.

“The Black Beast” scored a sensational knockout in what was a last second comeback victory over Alexander Volkov at last weekend’s UFC 229 event in Las Vegas.

Nate Diaz has not competed inside the cage since suffering his controversial majority decision loss to Conor McGregor at UFC 202 in August of 2016.

Dana White did not give any hint as to when fight fans can expect to see Diaz back in the cage, or if Nate’s matchup with Poirier would be booked for a later date.

Nate Diaz vs. Dustin Poirier set for UFC 230 in New York!

Nate Diaz vs. Dustin Poirier set for UFC 230 in New York!

Former UFC lightweight title challenger Nate Diaz will return to the octagon this November when he takes on Dustin Poirier at Madison Square Garden.

Diaz has not competede inside the cage since suffering a controversial majority decision loss to Conor McGregor in the main event of UFC 202 in August of 2016.

Meanwhile, Dustin Poirier was most recently seen in action at last month’s UFC on FOX event in Calgary, Alberta.

Poirier defeated former division title holder Eddie Alvarez that night in “Cowtown”, a win which propelled “The Diamond” right to the top of the UFC’s crowded lightweight title picture.

UFC 230 takes place November 3 live from Madison Square Garden in New York. The event headliner has yet to be named by the promotion.

Who are you picking to win this one? Diaz or Poirier?

Cub Swanson is down to fight Nate Diaz at UFC 222!

Cub Swanson is down to fight Nate Diaz at UFC 222!

By: Chris Taylor (Kalapaki Joe’s Staff Writer)

Cub Swanson is down to fight Nate Diaz at UFC 222!

The perennial featherweight contender, Cub Swanson, recently responded to a fan on Twitter where he offered to help save March’s UFC 222 event by fighting Nate Diaz.

The fan had tweeted “Nate Diaz vs Cub Swanson UFC 222 Save the PPV!”, to which Cub replied “I’m down!”

UFC 222 recently lost its event headliner after Max Holloway was forced out of his title fight with Frankie Edgar due to an injury.

Cub Swanson has gone 4-1 over his past five fights, with his lone loss in that time coming to Brian Ortega.

Meanwhile, Nate Diaz has not competed since suffering a controversial majority decision loss to Conor McGregor at UFC 202.

Would you like to see this fight put together by the UFC?

Nate Diaz is interested in saving UFC 222!

Nate Diaz is interested in saving UFC 222!

Nate Diaz is interested in saving UFC 222!

Former UFC lightweight title challenger Nate Diaz says he is interested in saving March’s UFC 222 pay-per-view event in Las Vegas.

The Stockton Slugger revealed the exciting news to the LA Times Lance Pugmire.

“The best option to fill in for the @BlessedMMA void at #UFC222 is @NateDiaz209 and he tells me he’s 💯 interested….make it happen @ufc” – Lance Pugmire

UFC 222, which goes gown on March 3, recently lost its headliner as UFC featherweight champion Max Holloway suffered an injury and will no longer be able to defend his title against Frankie Edgar.

“The Answer” is still expected to compete at the event, as the promotion is hoping to book him in a non-title bout against Brian Ortega.

The UFC 222 pay-per-view event definitely needs some serious help and Nate Diaz may be the only solid option who is willing and available.

Who would you like to see Nate Diaz fight if he steps up and saves UFC 222?